Friday, July 13, 2012

Smokin' Summer

The end of June, we moved to AZ with my mom. It has been SO hot here! I think I finally acclimated to Utah weather only to return to AZ and now just thinking of going outside gives me a sunburn. Of course as I say this, it's pouring rain outside, so the weather is perfect for me right now.

Here are some things Landon has enjoyed while we've been here:

Landon is happy, gloriously happy. Less hitting, less biting, less screaming, less whining - he's a completely different kid! He loves the backyard and being able to go outside without an adult because I can see him through the window. He has grown a few inches and gained weight since we've been here, and it's only been three weeks. Plus, he's been making us laugh like crazy! He does this wrinkly nose face that make me laugh out loud. Spending time with uncle Aaron is one of his favorite things to do. Aaron takes him in his car and it makes Landon's day every time.

Landon's jokes: 

  • Someone at a wedding reception asked him his name, and he goes, "Jesus", and turned and walked away. 
  • Whenever fun music comes on, he moves his bum all over the place and pumps his fists in the air. It's pretty hilarious to watch. 
  • He calls popsicles "kuh kick el".
What he thinks is funny:
  • Getting in to the vaseline and wiping it all over his shirt.
  • Eating raw rice and dumping it all over the floor.
  • Dumping honey onto the counter and the floor.


Loved the rain.
He calls flipping pancakes "swishing".
Goofy face.

Some things I have enjoyed while I've been here:

Going to the temple with my mom. Seeing Aaron and spending time with him. Getting to know the ward here has been nice. Cleaning and organizing all my stuff has been nice only because I like making it look less messy! Job hunting has been fun - it's been a while since I haven't been my own boss. Applying for ASU's Master's Program of Music Therapy has been exciting. I won't be able to start school until the Spring but I love dreaming about it. Riding my bike on flat roads is AWESOME! Provo with it's curvy hills killed me when I rode my bike around. 

We like living in Arizona and things are going great!

Thanks for reading,

Emily

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad things are going good for you guys, although you are missed here :) Thanks for the update and let me know if there is anything at all we can do for you!!!! Hope you're having a great day :)

    ReplyDelete