Monday, March 3, 2014

Gilbert Temple Open House

I got to attend the Gilbert Temple Open House on January 20th with Landon, my mom, my friend Anna Sweet and her daughter, and a few other friends. 

The temple was so beautiful inside and out. The feeling was so peaceful inside and Landon was very respectful.

Landon's eyebrow!

Trying to open the snap dragon's "mouth"

In front of the gorgeous water fountain

With grandma
I think one of my favorite parts inside was the baptismal font. The tiles were a shimmering emerald color and the room was so inviting.

Next, I loved the tall staircase. The stone was white and the staircase was wooden flowers and leaves. It was breathtaking to see.

The chandelier in the celestial room was made of lovely crystal. The stained glass windows let in gentle sunlight that made the room glow.

I'm grateful not only for the beauty of the temples but the promises and covenants that are made there. I'm grateful for the priesthood power that has been restored to the earth and can seal families together. When I looked at my little redhead in the temple, I was reminded that he is mine forever.

Thanks for reading,

Emily




No comments:

Post a Comment