Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Most Wonderful Time of Year

 

December…it really is one of the most wonderful times of the year. The presents don’t make it wonderful, although they are nice. The loads of super sweet and delicious treats don’t make it wonderful. What makes December most wonderful for me is thinking about our Savior Jesus Christ more intently. Learning more about His life and how He continues to guide me and support me. Thinking of His humble birth, as a Prince of Peace, born in a stable with cattle and sheep. These things brighten my year with peace and hope and encourage me to become a kinder, more loving person. That is why December is the most wonderful time of year.

People asked me all December long if Landon was excited for Christmas. “No,” I would reply, “He has no idea what Christmas is yet.” However, I think he knows more than I understand. Almost every time we pass a picture of Jesus, Landon exclaims in his toddler voice, “Jesus!”. And after we conclude a prayer in “the name of Jesus Christ”, Landon will say, “Amen!”. Many would call this learning from repetition, but Landon has called Jesus by name since he could speak.

So perhaps Landon does know more than I give him credit for about Christmas, at least why we truly celebrate it. Jesus Christ was born for us to die for us. Each one of us desperately needs Him since we don’t quite measure up to perfection, although we try. Without Him, we would be swamped in our sins and we would be unable to live in heaven with God after this life. I love Jesus Christ and know He is my brother and my savior. If you want to know more about the church I attend, you can contact me through a comment or you can go to the website for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. My life has been changed for the better by being a member of this church.

We snapped a few pictures this December, of course!

CIMG6369 At our ward Christmas party. Landon wouldn’t go near Santa’s lap!

 

CIMG6405Army ball with Ryan’s Army Reserve Unit in Park City.

 

CIMG6408We had an amazing time dancing together and the crowd voted us the best dancing couple! Ry looks so handsome in his uniform :)

 

CIMG6437Ryan’s youngest brother made this car for Landon and pushed him all over the house in it. This was probably Landon’s favorite gift! A license plate, rearview mirror, and driver’s license were even provided. Thank you Jonathan!

 

CIMG6439Check out the windshield – genius.

 

CIMG6457My first time skiing – a gift from Ryan and me to Ryan and me!

 

CIMG6459We went with one of Ryan’s friends, Walt Carmona and he was a very helpful teacher. My legs were jello after this!

 

CIMG6462At a friend’s wedding reception. Ry wouldn’t stop with the funny faces!

 

CIMG6464 I made Ry’s bowtie. I just fall in love with Ryan more every day.       

 

I loved spending extra time with Ryan during his school break…I wish some things didn’t have to end!

Thanks for reading,

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment